When you wake up in the morning, treat yourself to a glass of lukewarm lemonade. Why? Read the following 10 reasons and let yourself be persuaded.
Lemon in the morning before breakfast will quench your thirst and will give you energy in a natural way. When we wake up in the morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and they need water to push out toxins and rejuvenate the cells. Homemade lemonade helps eliminate internal toxins, it regulates proper kidney and digestive tract functions. Furthermore, it nourishes the body with vitamins, minerals and other essential elements.
In the mornings, lukewarm lemonade is the best
Morning lemonade should be made with lukewarm water. Cold or hot water takes more energy from the body during digestion.
Here are 10 incredible reasons for starting your day with a glass of warm lemonade:
1. Lemonade provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. Lemons contain a good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
2. Warm lemonade helps with digestion as lemon contains citric acid, which stimulates the secretion of gastric juice and digestion. It also helps to eliminate toxins from digestive tract, relieves indigestion, heartburn and bloating.
3. Lemon juice helps to produce more enzymes which stimulate the liver to release toxins. It is a digestive tonic, which cleans the liver and enhances their performance.
4. Even though lemons are sour, they create an alkalizing effect in the body and are great for stabilizing the pH level. Especially when you have eaten a bigger meal, a lot of meat or food containing a lot of fat. Too much acid in your body can cause inflammation, obesity and serious diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and Alzheimer's disease. Make sure you alkalize your body properly and regularly.
5. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) which strengthens the immune system and guarantees a better immunity of the organism.
6. Anti-inflammatory properties of lemon juice will help fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils.
7. Lemonade helps with weight loss, as it weakens the feelings of hunger, speeds-up metabolism and creates a feeling of full stomach.
8. Lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and thus slows down the process of cell aging.
9. Lemonade will make your skin radiant and toned. Vitamin C in lemon takes part with the collagen synthesis and is one of the most efficient natural antioxidants and a true fighter against aging.
10. Lemonade is very beneficial for pregnant women. Because lemons contain a lot of Vitamin C, they help the body cope with viruses and colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. Due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of lemon and water helps forming cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.